Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research
Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai is a part of the Shikshana Prasaraka Mandali, Pune. The S.P. Mandali manages around 43 educational institutes in Maharashtra, prominent among them being, the Ruia College and Podar College of Commerce, Mumbai, the S.P. College in Pune. Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research with two campuses, one in Mumbai, the Financial Capital of India and another in Bengaluru, the IT Capital of India.
At Welingkar we design programs that ultimately lead to holistic student growth. Which enable students to fit into any role with ease in the corporate world. Our programs provide students with cutting-edge global exposure, multi-disciplinary/ innovative programs, very strong interface, 100% placements, state of the art infrastructure and a robust alumni network. Welingkar therefore offers students much more than simply Management education. The most recent accomplishment has been Welingkar awarded the “Outstanding Business School of the Year 2010″, by the Bombay Management Association (BMA).
The Institute has been ranked
- Ranked 10th among the top private B-Schools & 8th in the International linkages by Forbes India in their Best Business School Survey in July 2011 issue
- Ranked Top 16th in Economic Times – India Inc’s Preferred B Schools survey 2011.
- Honored with the “BMA Outstanding Institute of Management of the Year Award” by Bombay Management Association in 2010
- Ranked 10th among the Western Zone of top 25 B-Schools, in the survey conducted by Careers 360 magazine in their January 2011 issue.
- The 12th Annual Convention on Leadership has conferred the ‘Prof. Dharni Sinha Memorial Award for Excellence in Management Education’ to Prof. Dr. Uday Salunkhe. This award recognizes his excellence and contribution to management education.
- Ranked 2nd rank in overall performance in the Distance Education mode in a national survey conducted by Business world with Synovate in 2011
- Ranked 4th rank in overall performance in the Distance Education mode in a nationwide survey conducted by Career 360 with Yahoo India in 2011
The leading programs offered by the institute are
- Two year full time PGDM program
- PGDM Executive Program (15 months Full time)
- Three years Part time Masters MBA Program
- Distance Learning Program (2 years)
- PGDM Family managed Business Program (22 months)
- PGP in Healthcare Management Program(11 months)
- Business Management for Legal Professionals (11 month certificate Program)
- One year diploma Programs
- Six month Programs